Wednesday, August 26, 2015
“He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” 2 Corinthians 5:21
God has done the work: He sent his Son to the earth to save us and give us eternal life.
Jesus has accomplished His assignment: He paid the ransom for our lives with the blood that He shed on the cross.
As we put our faith in His name, we are saved, forgiven and set free. His Holy Spirit comes to live within us and empowers us to live victoriously!
A great transaction has been made so that you and I can have a new identity. It is now up to each one of us to walk in the power of this knowledge.
The Word of God says that in Christ, we are the righteousness of God. We may not fully understand it, or even fully grasp this aspect of our identity, but this is what God has said and so, it’s true! And, as we keep our faith in His truth and ask the Holy Spirit to teach us, He will begin to give us wisdom and understanding, so that we can live out our true identity in Christ.
As we declare the Word of God consistently, it transforms our minds so that we think with the mind of Christ and have our perspectives and perceptions more closely aligned with God’s thoughts towards us. And, they are good!
It’s time to truthfully declare: “I Know who I am”.
- Today I declare that as a child of God and believer in Jesus Christ that my citizenship is in heaven, and I submit to the authority and governance of the Kingdom of God.
- I am a living part of the body of Christ, with unique talents and gifts that are being used for the advancement of God’s purposes on the earth.
- I declare that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who has been sent from God to dwell within me – empowering me, teaching me and leading me. I am not my own, I was bought with a price. And so, with the help of the Holy Spirit, I choose today to glorify God in my body.
- Today, I am physically, mentally and emotionally in agreement with God’s plans for me and I learning to walk out the good works that God has prepared in advance for me to do.
- I am putting on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness and embracing the life of God that is in me through Jesus Christ.
Thank you Father for loving me so much that You gave your only Son, so that as I believe in Him, I will not perish but have eternal life.
Thank you for life!
In Jesus’ name. Amen!