Wednesday, November 25, 2015
“Watch yourselves, so that you may not lose what we have worked for, but may win a full reward.” 2 John 1:8 ESV
For the past months we have been pursuing the topic of BEING A.L.I.V.E. in 2015. During this time, we have shared on the different processes that we go through and the various changes we need to make to become the people that God has designed us to be and fulfill our destinies! We have not arrived as yet, but we are closer than when we started!
On this journey of self-discovery, Awareness is one of the fundamental keys.
Awareness is the ability of our mind to monitor and analyze our internal and external environments; make emotional free judgments about things, and create thoughtful methods of behaviour. Awareness gives you a deep knowledge of yourself; it helps you gain full control of your thoughts and emotions.
Here are some tips to help you to improve awareness in your life:
- Be Aware of Your Inner World: Watch what is going on inside you and analyze it.
- Be Aware of Your Body: Pay attention to your physical feelings.
- Think About the Consequences of Your Actions: Ask yourself “What’s next?’
- Be Aware of Other People. Be observant and try to understand how others feel.
- Be Aware of Your Environment. Keep track of what’s going on around you.
- Learn to listen. You can learn a lot of things from other people’s life stories.
- Don’t be afraid to be on your own. Spending time with yourself allows you to spend quality time with God. This enables you to develop your relationship with the Holy Spirit and so heightens your awareness of not only the physical world, but also the spiritual world.
The word of God to us today is to “watch ourselves”, or be aware of whats happening inside of us and around us and remain in the truth of God’s word, so that we may win a full reward.
Let’s run our races well and obtain the prize! Be encouraged today, you are EMPOWERED to finish STRONG!
(Adapted from “Unprecedented Acceleration: Be A.L.I.V.E. by Diann J. Wilson)