Wednesday, April 13, 2016
“And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” Romans 8:28
A healthy self is a happy self. As we continue to make wise investments into our bodies and souls, I believe that we will reap high dividends and begin to live the type of life that God has designed for us. And, there are some steps that will help us along the way.
First, we must learn how to be more aware of our emotions and how to manage them well so that we will think and behave in a way that brings glory to God.
Second, is to develop and nurture a optimistic view of life.
An optimistic view of life is one in which we believe that the best possible thing will happen for us and continue to hope for it, even if it looks like the exact opposite.
Being optimistic helps us to put our best effort forth, even if we experience set backs. When we believe the best, we open ourselves up to receive innovative ideas, see creative solutions and be an encouragement to others.
As children of God we have a foundation for an optimistic outlook on life, it’s called faith. We believe that God is in control, that His plans for us are good and that all things will work together for our good. We don’t have to be cynical, pessimistic or anxious because God is with us. We are to be strong, of a good courage and fear not.
So, let’s take a few moments for self-reflection and see if the glass is half-empty or half-full… Don’t forget to be honest with yourself.
- What am I saying? Do I speak primarily in a negative tone? Do I complain and murmur much? Am I very judgmental and critical?
- Is it true? Challenge your inner voice: is everything always bad or just this situation? Is everyone against you or one person doesn’t like something you did?
- What’s the real issue behind what’s going on? Are they picking on you, or did you really not do what you were supposed to?
- Am I exercising Faith? Am I being thankful?
- Do I need help? Is there someone who can help me with this situation? A mentor, friend or even counsellor?
The key to transforming your world is within you! If your outlook is pessimistic and you think that nothing is working for you and that everyone is against you, I dare you to challenge it. You have power to change. It all starts with a choice – your choice.
Let’s choose to be positive and to develop an optimistic view of life! I guarantee that it will change the way you see and experience your world.