Thursday, April 14, 2016
“These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
We are well on our way to learning how to develop a healthy self by becoming emotionally fit! How are you doing so far? Have you been encouraged and/or challenged to make the investment into your life to become who God has designed you to be? Well, I truly hope so. The best of your life is ahead of you!
Today, we look at the third step in our journey that is LEARNING TO ENJOY LIFE!
“When ____________ happens, I will be happy…”
“When I get ___________________ or have ________________, I will be content!”
“When _____________ is over, then I can begin to live again!”
Many people think and speak this way, filling in the blanks with different things in different seasons of their lives. We are always waiting for the next day, for something to happen or stop happening for us to begin to enjoy our lives. But as I love to say, yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not promised, so we should make the best of this day.
Life is a gift from God. Each day that we open our eyes, we are to be thankful for the opportunity to see another day. This day has a purpose in your life, and it is filled with potential, possibilities and promises from God!
The time is now to begin to enjoy your life. You can begin by:
- Choosing to. No one can really give you permission to enjoy your life. It’s a choice you have to make for yourself.
- Cultivating your relationship with the Holy Spirit. The Spirit of God within us is our life source. The more we enjoy our relationship with Him, the more we become open to enjoy the life that we live.
- Accepting mistakes and learning from them. We are learning and growing, evolving and becoming. We have yet to attain perfection, so we should not expect it from ourselves.
- Enjoying moments. Appreciate and celebrate the special moments that might slip by unnoticed today, and be fully present in the moment.
- Being thankful. Gratitude goes a long way and does wonders for your soul!
- Do everything as unto the Lord. This is extremely important. When we are looking for rewards or praise from others, we will often be disappointed. Let the main motivation for everything that you do be worship and service to the Lord. If you receive a “thank you”, it’s a blessing, but your eyes remain on God who is your exceeding great reward.
Yes, my friend, enjoying and living life to the full is possible! And, it’s all because Jesus Christ has overcome the world, and His victory is ours too! Yes, we will face obstacles and challenges, it’s part of the journey of life – but we have been given the power to rise above it all and live the abundant life now! Don’t wait another moment… start today!