Wednesday, June 1, 2016
“All the kings of the earth shall praise You, O Lord, When they hear the words of Your mouth. Yes, they shall sing of the ways of the Lord, For great is the glory of the Lord.” Psalm 138:4-5
When we read and hear the words of the Lord, we are empowered to praise God. His words are words of life, hope, peace and victory. They tell us how He feels about us, what He has done for us, and the plans that He has for us. Through His word, He reveals our identity in Him and affirms our true worth and value. He declares His greatness and tells us of His faithfulness to mankind.
The words of God inspire us to praise because we are reminded how great our God really is and how He has delivered and set captives free. Our praise and our expectancy rise when we hear the word of the Lord!
Just look at what God says about you today:
- You are loved with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3)
- You are crucified with Christ and you no longer live, but Christ lives in you. (Galatians 2:20)
- The Son has set you free. You are free indeed! (John 8:36)
- You can do all things through Christ who gives you strength. (Philippians 4:13)
- He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it. (Philippians 1:6)
- There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:1)
- God has not given you a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- Your light and momentary troubles are achieving for you an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. (2 Corinthians 4:17)
- God is for you! Who can be against you? (Romans 8:31)
These are reasons for great rejoicing. I love the way that the scripture says that kings praise the Lord for His words, because God’s words are true, wise, just and right. Kings can rule countries by the word of the Lord and experience peace within their borders and great increase in their land.
But, the word of God is not just for kings – the rich, educated and privileged – it is for everyone. God’s word resonates within hearts of the rich, the poor and everyone in between, those with PhDs and those who never went to school, male and female, the old and the young! These words bring hope and peace to all who trust in it and leads us in the way of truth.
Thank God for His Word!
As you read God’s word today, may your praise and thanksgiving resound in the atmosphere! God’s eternal word stands firm! If God said it, that settles it!
Today’s Praise prompt: “Lord I praise You for Your word! Thank you for giving me Your words of life. I rejoice for You have declared over me _____________________________…”