Wednesday, June 22, 2016
“You made me; you created me. Now give me the sense to follow your commands.” Psalm 119:73 NLT
“I will be what you’ve called me to be. I say Yes, Lord I agree.”
These are the words of a popular gospel song that so accurately describes our faithfulness to ourselves as we invest in our lives so that we can become the best that we can be.
We don’t ever think about being faithful to ourselves. But, faithfulness to ourselves is important if we are to be faithful to others and to those who we are responsible for.
Let’s look at some ways that we can be faithful to ourselves:
- Faithful to keep our physical health at its optimum by exercising and eating healthy.
- Faithful to ourselves by being emotionally, mentally and relationally healthy.
- Faithful to engage in positive self-talk so that our lives would be enriched and productive.
- Faithful to forgive ourselves when we make mistakes.
- Faithful to affirm ourselves and compliment the good in us.
- Faithful to celebrate our strengths and work on our weaknesses.
- Faithful to keep on learning and expanding our experiences.
If we are to fulfill our destinies and become what God has called us to be we must be faithful to ourselves.
There is no substitute for this. Our lives are God’s gifts to us, what we do with it and the way we treat it is our gift back to God.
Today, decide to be faithful to you. Do whatever is needed so that you can be what God has called you to be. No more excuses. No more blaming others. This is your life. It is your gift from God, you have to be faithful to it and then others will follow your pattern and treat you accordingly.
Yes, let us agree with God: we are precious, we are worth it.
Diann J. Wilson