Wednesday, May 24, 2017
“The generous soul will be made rich, and he who waters will also be watered himself.” Proverbs 11:25
WISDOM FOR GIVING
It is the will of God that His children be financially free so that they could concentrate on Him and on doing His will on the earth. When we are all caught up in money worries and keep living from paycheck to paycheck, we cannot worship God the way He wants to be worshipped, nor can we be a blessing to others.
The principles in the word of God about giving are not there to take our money from us, they are there to get God’s blessings TO US and THROUGH US to others. We must change the way we think about giving. It is in our giving that we make room to receive.
When we begin to apply to our lives the knowledge that we receive from the Word of God, then we begin to walk in wisdom in this area of our lives.
In the Book of Proverbs we learn:
- “Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it.” Proverbs 3:27
- “There is one who scatters, and yet increases all the more, and there is one who withholds what is justly due, and yet it results only in want.” Proverbs 11:24
- “…the righteous gives and does not hold back.” Proverbs 21:26
- “He who is generous will be blessed, for he gives some of his food to the poor.” Proverbs 22:9
- “He who gives to the poor will never want, but he who shuts his eyes will have many curses.” Proverbs 28:27
There are great benefits to giving! Come on, if you haven’t tried it… I encourage you to do so this week. Give generously and from your heart. If you are already a giver, keep up the good work! Your giving will open paths for you.
We have been given so much by God and we should our heart’s position as we give should be one of gratitude and worship to God. Let wisdom guide you as to how to give and what to give and when to give.
All things belong to God and that which he has entrusted in our care, we must steward (manage) well. Let’s endeavor to walk wisely in our giving – for God delights in a cheerful and generous giver!