Wednesday, July 5, 2017
“For“He who would love life and see good days, Let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips from speaking deceit.” 1 Peter 3:10
As children of the most High God, we must understand that although we are in this world, we are not of this world, and that our affections must be set on things above where Christ is seated on His throne.
Our citizenship is in heaven. When we accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, our spirits were regenerated and given rule over our souls and our bodies. This knowledge must encourage us to live a life that reflects the dominance of our spirit.
As such, we do not talk or walk in the negative or associate and be comfortable with failure. When we are going through difficult times, we must be conscious to speak the word of God into our situations for His word gives life. Here are some positive affirmations that you can declare over your life and the lives of your loved ones. There is great power in the spoken word.
- I do not have problems. I have opportunities for God to display His power in my life.
- I see opportunities not obstacles.
- I see failure as a learning experience. It helps me to discover things I did not know before.
- Defeat is not in God therefore it is not in me.
- Through God, I can run through troops and leap over walls.
- There is a greater power at work in me than that which works against me.
- I am greater than my circumstances and situations.
- I was born to win and destined to conquer.
- Greater is the God that is inside of me than that which befalls me.
- I am free of burdens for I cast all my cares on the Lord.
- I possess the wisdom of God and deal prudently in all my affairs.
- I have the power and wisdom to change my circumstances.
- Others compliment me but only God completes me.
- With God, all things are possible.
- All my needs are met. I have more than enough to give.
- I walk daily and continuously in the paths of righteousness.
Continue to declare positive words over your life and allow it to shape your perspective and bring you through!
Adapted from an Excerpt from “Stuff Happens” by Diann J. Wilson