Friday, September 22, 2017
“But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15 NLT
God has designed the family unit to be the conduit through which a next generation learns how to love, honour and fear Him. Through the family, we also learn how to love others as we love ourselves. Important life principles are learned and character formed through family relationships and experiences. A family that loves and serves God together will be a strong family. Today, we declare the word of God over our families and pray that His will would be done in the lives of each member.
I decree and declare that the Spirit of the Lord is upon us as a family — the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord (Isaiah 11:2).
I release the spirit of unity and declare that my family is of one mind, united in thought and purpose. I declare that my family is prospering and in health as our souls prosper. I apply the Blood of Jesus Christ upon my family. We are covered from the crowns of our heads to the soles of our feet.
I decree and declare in the authority of the Lord that:
- My family is following Jesus Christ in spirit and in truth.
- My family is walking in obedience to the Word of the Lord.
- My family is prospering in the things of God.
- My family is blessed.
- My family is a beacon of light in this world.
- My family is living in health.
- Each member of my family is walking in purpose and fulfilling his/her divine destiny.
- My family is accessing what is rightfully ours.
In Jesus’ name. Amen.