Friday, September 29, 2017
“The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.” John 10:10
Happy Friday to You! We trust that this morning you are enjoying the blessing of life that has been granted to you by your Heavenly Father who loves you so much!
If you are a follower of this devotion, you will realize that there are certain scriptures that resurface regularly, because we want to make sure that all of our readers come into a full awareness of what Christ has done for us. Today’s scripture is one of those. It is a reminder that God’s plan for you is to live the ABUNDANT LIFE, or as another version states… a rich and satisfying life. It is a reminder that this life is found only in Christ. And, it reminds us that there is an opposing force, a mutual enemy, who concentrates all of his energy, time and resources to ensure that we don’t experience fully that life.
That’s why we have to be so much more determined, committed and focused on staying with Jesus, and drawing from Him everything that we need. Today, we declare God’s word over us with boldness – we will access all that He has made available to us, with no apology!
- By the blood of Jesus I am free! I am free from the slavery of sin, from condemnation, guilt, and shame. I am free from the ways and effects of death. I have life in Jesus! (Romans 8:1).
- I have ceased being a people pleaser. I am a God-pleaser (Galatians 1:10).
- Jesus loved me enough to die for me so that He could live in me and do His works of faith in and through me. I can do nothing without Him. I have stopped trying to do things in my strength. Jesus is my strength (Galatians 2:20).
- I am the apple of God’s eye (Zechariah 2:8).
- God rejoices over me with shouts of joy (Zephaniah 3).
- I am a precious child of God, growing up to be a mature son/daughter of the Most High God (John 1:12; Rom. 8:14).
- For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline (1 Tim. 1:7).
- …As He is, so also am I in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear… (1 John 4:17-18).
- Since Jesus, the Lion of Judah, lives in me, I am bold as a lion (Proverbs 28:1).
- And I know that God causes all things to work together for my good because I love the Lord and I am called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28).
- Whatever anyone means for evil against me, God will turn it around for good, to preserve my life and many people’s live (Gen. 50:20).
In Christ Jesus’ name!